Sunday, July 18, 2010

Love for Motel Drive

from student Michael Quinones, a third year at Cal Poly.

"During my second day at FUI, I went on a Fresno driving tour. I was apathetic about going on this tour, since I had done the same tour back in January when I came to the Fresno plunge. One of our tour destinations was motel drive, a very low-income street.  The people who live on motel drive experience violence, drugs, and prostitution on a regular basis. As we were praying for the people who live on motel drive I felt even more apathetic. We drove down motel drive, and then we turned around and drove down motel drive in the opposite direction. I was looking at the buildings and at how desolate they were since nobody was outside. Suddenly, I felt the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself in my heart. God was telling me that He really, really, really loves the people who live at motel drive. For the next two hours, I was super convicted about what God had shown me. I know that God wants me to do something at motel drive at some point in some capacity, but I don’t know when or how. What I know is that I need to pray more for motel drive and about what God wants me to do there."

No comments:

Post a Comment